So we’ve reached the Festive Season and the build up to Xmas is fully underway. You loved our ‘Kitesurfer’s Santa List’ last year, so we thought we’d get some more juicy gift ideas together for you to share. For 2015 here’s what’s hot or loved by us and the kitesurfing community!
Small ‘Stocking Fillers’
- Every kiter needs protection from the sun and this stuff was created by surfers to protect you and the environment.
- iTunes voucher / Google Play gift cards – Give credit to download our premium instructional videos via our Progression Player app to watch anytime, anywhere.
- UPDATE: Now buy Progression Gift Vouchers for all our digital collections.
- If you’re a wave rider and ride strapless, then make life easy for yourself with some ‘Sticky Bumps Punt Wax’, the stickiest wax you’ve ever seen (and grape smelling, Mmmm)
- Kite Protectant – keep your kites ‘crispy’ for longer with this KGBswag KiteLife product
- Want a piece of Aaron Hadlow this Christmas? How about a bag made from one of his old champion kites from Sewn Again?
- Get the portable dream solution for airing your damp wetsuit on the go with this Northcore “Hook up” magnetic wetsuit hanger – a campervan must!
Under $50 (around £30 / €40 / AUD60)
- The ultimate beanie hats for boardriders from 36KNOTS. 100% handcrafted. 100% recycled. 80% cotton.
- Camrig GoPro line mount – we use these mounts for a lot of our filming of our new wave riding videos as they give an amazing viewpoint for seeing your mistakes and your successes! Now updated for the Hero4/4+ cameras.
- Bath ‘Surfer Soak’ – replenish your magnesium levels and soothe your tired muscles by pouring this beauty in the bath after your session.
- Progression instructional kitesurfing DVDs – watch and learn to be a better kiter from your big screens at home. UPDATE: Now buy Progression Gift Vouchers for all our digital collections.
- Kite magazine subscriptions for The Kiteboarder / Kitesurf UK / Kitemag Oz
- Keep your barnet warm on the water without losing your cool with ION’s funkier version to the common neoprene cap
$50-100 (around £30-60 / €40-80 / AUD60-115)
- We’re all used to getting changed outdoors under the public eye, but save your dignity and goose bumps with one of these cool new design Mystic ponchos
- Kite Aid toolkit – to cover any kite repair eventuality
- Never get bored of waiting for the wind again with a Slackers Slackline ‘Wave Walker’
- Kiteworld magazine subscription – print and digital versions available
- Waterproof sports action camera SJ4000 Sports cam – a good recommendation from Kon in our previous blog post – only $75 for a camera that does a lot of what a GoPro does.
- If you’ve spent any time in Tarifa recently you’d have seen a lot of the cool kite crew dressed in Melou clothes and the trend seems to be continuing!
$100+ (around £60+ / €80+ / AUD115+)
- Possibly the biggest and most fun item to hit the kitesurfing industry in a long while is the Woo device! Slap it on your board and track your performance, jump height, compete amongst friends/pros and even use it to better your technique.
- Get the reputed best waterproof sound quality heaphones (aka ‘earbuds’ if you’re from North America!) with a custom made set of Snugs to listen to your favourite motivational music on the water.
- To complete the perfect kitesurfing music solution, combine the Snugs with a floating Pure waterproof MP3 player as recommended by pros Sam Light and Tom Court
- The new Ride Engine hardnesses are being talked about on every beach as they claim to offer structure and support unlike no other!
- Sliding spreader bar – Dynabar XT V8 – makes wave riding and toeside all that much easier
- The Neil Pryde ‘quiver bag lite’ is one of the best kit travel bags we’ve seen on the market for your twin tip and kites – next year we’d love to see a surfboard version too..
- Not technically a kite product of course, but we all need to maintain ourselves while out on the water and deliver protein and nutrition back into us after! You can’t go wrong with a Nutribullet for fuss free kite fuel!
- New style floating water sunglasses by Julbo