Kitefoiling Coaching Camps
Soma Bay, Egypt 9th - 16th May 2020
Soma Bay is the perfect way to kick start your kiting season. Here’s why;
- Warm water, consistent winds and butter flat seas makes this spot an ideal location for really accelerating your kitefoiling progression at the start of the season. Perfectly suited to the intermediate kitefoiler looking to work with us to polish existing techniques and master new skills without the distraction of waves and choppy waters.
- Based in The Breakers, a newly built kite and diving focused hotel, offering lovely half-board, air-conditioned rooms, with an extensive daily themed buffet dinner. Price is for two people sharing, though an inexpensive single occupancy is also available as it optional sea views.
- Full day kiting options that will ensure maximum progression. Thermal winds blow strongest in the mornings so we start early on the water, but as the wind moderates into the afternoon, the twin tip riders disperse and we often end the day with the whole bay to ourselves.
- Unique filming and photography opportunities to maximise your kite foiling development, a cornerstone of our daily personalised coaching plans.
Come and enjoy Progression’s Live coaching techniques that deliver a unique program designed to help you achieve all your kite foiling goals. Click here to find out more about our coaching
Pricing4 spaces left
From £1195 Shared room*
From £1345 Single occupancy
Wind and Weather
- Thermal cross offshore wind, flat water and safety cover is included
- Morning start with 20-30 knot winds with it moderating to 10-15 knots in the late afternoon
- Kite sizes: Possibility for 15m – 4m depending on your weight, foil and experience
- Air: 25-35 degrees / Water: 25 degrees – Wetsuit recommendation: Shorts and rash vest / Shorty
Who is this clinic best suited to?
- You already own your own hydrofoil (rental options are available).
- Due to the offshore wind we advise that you are comfortable riding both upwind and downwind on or off the foil, in a range of wind speeds.
- The watersports centre has great rescue cover so you’ll be fine if you end up downwind
- Whatever your level do get in touch and we can discuss if this particular clinic will be best for you.
What is included in this price?
- 6 days coaching with Danny and Rob – Sunday 10th – Friday 15th May.
- 7 nights accommodation at The Breakers Hotel – 2 sharing a room, single occupation option available.
- Buffet breakfast and dinner
- Transfer from Hurghada Airport
- Group locker room for our exclusive use
- Unique Progression Live camp t-shirt.
What’s not included?
- Flights (In the region of £350 – LGW – Hurghada).
- Lunch and drinks
Booking with Planet
We work our travel partner Planet Kitesurf who will be able to assist you with your booking. All aspects of the accommodation, flights, transfers can be tailored to your needs and if you’re interested in staying longer or even heading off for some other adventures whilst there, they will be able to sort this all out for you.
Still got questions?
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for further answers to common questions like What kit you should bring and can you bring your partner, along with many others. Or get in touch to chat with Rob and Danny about becoming a better kitefoiler
About the Location
Meet your Coaches
Pro Kiter, F-ONE Ambassador
From competing as a teen to travelling the world with the sport, Danny has over 15 years experience with kitesurfing and has grown up living and breathing it. Now one of the UK’s most competent free ride foilers, Danny is passionate about coaching and helping people gain access into this new area of the sport.
Progression owner, script writing, filmer, editor…
Rob’s passion has always been in watersports, a past world champion windsurfer, 20 years experience as a kitesurfer and for last 15 years helping over 200,000 kiters learn and improve with his Progression series of kitesurfing videos, DVDs and apps. Now his own obsession for kite foiling, has led him to find ways to make foiling accessible to the whole kiting community.